I am committed to helping addicted individuals heal the shameful sexual secrets, growing beyond the family dysfunction, and the painful, wounded relationships that co-exist with the unhealthy sexual behaviors. I utilize Dr. Patrick Carnes' Task Centered Recovery to help individuals stop the self-defeating, shameful behaviors and develop insight into the emotional issues that hide beneath the dysfunctional sexual acting out and ultimately re-discover their healthy authentic selves.
RECOVERY BEGINS WITH:
1. A phone call to a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT) 308-398-6050
2. Willingness to follow their recommendation.
It is important to remember, recovery is dependent on the patient working to change his/her brain chemistry. Research indicates this can take up to 3 years.
* Serial Infidelity, Love and Relationship Addiction, Compulsive Masturbation, Exhibitionism, Cyber-Porn Addiction, Anonymous Sex, Sexual Boundary Problems, Voyeurism, Exhibitionism, and Prostitution along with the inevitable relationship, health, and legal crisis that can accompany these behaviors.
While not a complete list, all the above indicate neural disruption and require specific treatment requiring both first and second order changes. First order change is concrete and immediate. Second order change are the steps one takes to change the dynamic of life which ultimately change the neuro pathways in the brain.
First and second order attitude changes must also occur. For example, from the belief that one does not have to tell secrets, to the belief that there are no secrets.
While many think sex addiction can be an excuse for bad behavior, today we know sexual addiction is a biosocial illness that disregards emotional, social, sexual, familial, and sometimes legal boundaries. The medical community has struggled with how to help individuals with addictive type behavior that manifests as sexual acting out. However, recent research indicates sexual addiction, as with all addictions, is disruption of neuro pathways in the brain. Some call it a hijacked brain. Often the sexual acting out co-exists with other addictions which can further confuse the medical community.
A profound lack of healthy intimacy and relationship boundaries is a major contributor to the problem of sexual addiction. Trauma, high stress, and addiction are inextricably connected with Sex Addiction. Recovery requires the disruption and elimination of the patterns and behaviors through intensive task focused therapy.
BOOKS FOR THE ADDICT
FACING THE SHADOW: STARTING SEXUAL AND RELATIONSHIP RECOVERY BY...DR.PATRICK CARNES
OUT OF THE SHADOWS: UNDERSTANDING SEXUAL ADDICTION BY... DR. PATRICK CARNES
UNTANGLING THE WEB: SEX, PORN AND FANTASY OBSESSION IN THE INTERNET AGE BY... ROBERT WEISS, JENNIFER SCHNEIDER
THE BETRAYAL BOND: BREAKING FREE OF EXPLOITIVE RELATIONSHIPS BY... DR. PATRICK CARNES
WIRED FOR INTIMACY: HOW PORNOGRAPHY HIJACKS THE MALE BRAIN BY...WILLIAM M. STRUTHERS
raaType JANICE ROCKWELL COUNSELING
908 N. Howard # 102 Grand Island, NE 68801 V: 308-398-6050 F: 308-398-6051 here.
JANICE ROCKWELL COUNSELING
908 N. HOWARD # 102, GRAND ISLAND, NE 68803 V: 308-398-6050 F: 308-398-6051
for an appointment
CHILDREN AND SEX ADDICTION
Children are very vulnerable to all addiction due to the natural development of their brains. The pre-frontal cortex of the brain is not fully developed until late adolescence.
* The average age of first exposure to Internet Pornography is 11 years old
* The 12-17 year old age group is the largest consumer of Internet Pornography
* 93% of boys and 62% of girlsare exposed to Internet pornography before the age of 18
* One poll indicates that 50% of evangelical Christian Men and 20% of evangelical Christian Women are addicted to Pornography